How Old is Hallie?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How Old is Lea?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

Notice the plural usage? That means that we have double the celebration coming our way...Sharon and I sure are looking forward to the kids making us breakfast in bed, a lovely dinner preceded by cocktails, or perhaps an elegant brunch at a four star venue. Of course, right now we have to take care of the details on our own. Lovely flowers:


An elegant brunch of Eggs Benedict (the first I ever made, and it came out well) for Sharon and eggs and bacon for me, accompanied by mimosas, and a lovely filet mignon and truffled mashed potatoes for dinner. In between, lots of time with the kids. What could be nicer than that?

This, on top of a lovely family celebration with Aunt Laura, Grammy, and Grandma Sandy on Saturday, made it a wonderful Mothers' Day indeed.

Anyway, I promise to post a recap of our lives over the past month soon. I just need to get through my end of the semester grading, which has to be squeezed in around childcare since we have been without a nanny for a couple of weeks now (Nadia moved back home to take care of her dad who had a stroke this winter; this lack of childcare business is one big reason for my prolonged absence from the blogosphere recently). But don't fret: the kids are doing well, and, other than being frazzled by the fact that we have to multitask more than I usually do, we're doing well, too.

No comments: