Sharon had her third non-stress test today and it turns out that she is having contractions every three to four minutes. However, not only is she not feeling these, but they also appear not to be having any further effect on her cervix. She was dilated two centimeters and 70% effaced last week and so she remained this week. So now we wait and see.
Our bag is packed, of course, and we've finished assembling all the furniture, washing and sorting 90% of the clothing for the baby, etc. I would have bet that she would have gone into hard labor last night, if only because we had a bit of an ice storm (followed by a rain storm, so now we just have a mess) around here. And no child care. That should have added up to a perfect, Murphy-inspired storm, but it did not. The weather reports for the next few days, happily, are not too bad, so if she does go into labor soon, at least we won't have to consider calling an ambulance to take us eight blocks to the hospital because the roads are too treacherous (and the wait is too long) for a taxi.
Otherwise; Hallie still has a runny nose but is otherwise doing fine. She's getting more adventurous in her toast-consumption (I think she's now up to chomping 1/6 of a slice of toast at a time) and has been in a very sweet and cuddly phase lately. No more vomiting either, so we are now 21 days spew-free this year. And counting.
Keep your fingers crossed for an easy, pain-free (or low pain) labor. And I promise to try to update regularly. The blogosphere will be the first to know (well, maybe not the FIRST, but still...)