Last night, Sharon stopped in at the PETU for monitoring since she was feeling contractions more and the baby less. They hooked her up to a monitor and, as on Wednesday, she was contracting every three or four minutes. But this time she had dilated some more (from 2cm to 3cm). They pulled over an ultrasound, checked the fluid around the baby and found it to be okay, and called our OB. The OB had her stay for monitoring for an hour and when labor hadn't progressed further, Sharon was sent home.
Sharon had a few more intense contractions last night but they subsided with a change in position. And she woke up today contracting. And she has been contracting ever since. (She decided to take the day off, thinking this was IT). Every three or four minutes kind of like clock-work with a few of them being more intense than they have been, and definitely lower down and more in her back (as in back labor).
But none of those double-me-over-so-I-can't-breathe,-let-alone-talk contractions that we read/hear about. Just continual contractions (I guess like the ones last time that the monitor had never picked up). And an awful headache which went away after she ate something substantial.
So, what would you do? Would you go in for another check up at the PETU? Would you stay put? Let us know (especially if you've been through this before; remember, the only labor experience Sharon has ever had was quite a bit out of the ordinary so we are not really able to use that for a gauge).