How Old is Hallie?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How Old is Lea?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Seven and Seven...


It's Meme Time!

Sarah Cooper's Mom, just tagged me.


Here's the meme:
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I don't really drive even though I have a license (It's been forever since I've been behind the wheel of a car and I have an irrational fear of mixing up the brake and gas pedals if I ever did have to drive). This is an oddity, unless you recall that I am a New Yorker by birth.

2. I have been known to fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. This has happened to me a lot. Not because I'm narcoleptic, but because I never get enough sleep. Often whatever I have been saying for a while before this happens is impassioned-sounding but largely a load of jibberish.

3. My favorite book when I was five or six was a cookbook. I remember wanting to make everything in it because it all looked so good. The recipes? A baked potato; cinammon toast; pancakes.... Those are all the ones that I remember, but clearly I had a thing for carbs even back then. They all seemed SO sophisticated, too.

4. I read my way through my local branch of the Brooklyn Public Library's teen section by the time I was ten. Then I just stole my mom's books (whatever she had taken out that week) and tried desperately to remember to put her bookmark back where she had left it. I doubt that I was successful.

5. My favorite thing to do as a kid was to read books under my cover with a flashlight, sometimes all night long. That was one of my big forms of rebellion. I hope Hallie takes this up when she is older and I promise to feign being upset just so she does it even more.

6. My big life goal as a teenager was to sell original cards to Hallmark. I cannot imagine wanting to do that now!

7. When I was really little I used to fantasize about running away from home. I'd count out my piggy bank and figure out precisely how much white bread and jelly (my favorite lunch food) it could buy so I'd know how long I could last out there on my own. Then I'd put everything together in a little bag and take off. I never got very far because, even though I was running away from home, I knew that my parents did not let me cross the street on my own, so all I managed to accomplish was a few laps around the block. Guess I was pretty rule-bound, huh?

I don't know if these are weird, or even terribly random, but that's all I could think of.

So, now it's my turn to tag:

Heidi
Laura
Stephanie
Bree
Cora
Jennifer
Stephanie

And because no post really is complete without a recent photo of Hallie, here's one we took earlier in the week:


Hallie loves this picture of herself and now insists on looking at her pictures on the camera. She's trying to figure out how she, and her feeding chair, got in there. It's too funny. But what's really cool is that most of the time, when she sees herself, she calls out "Hallie". I could watch her do that all day (and if I do, then she'll know what I feel like after she asks me to read Brown Bear two hundred and fifty seven times in a row!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these memes for us Moms. We always write about our kids...It gives us a chance to think about ourselves for a few minutes, even though in this case it was about how weird/random I am. I loved reading about your stuff though. I just wrapped up mine...Thanks for the tag :)

Heidi said...

Fun, thanks for the tag! Isn't it funny how these toddlers are growing up with the instant gratification of digital cameras?? My kids are the same way, they want to see the shot as soon as we snap it. Now Christopher tells me to post his favorite pictures on the blog to show his friends. :)

Anna said...

Okay, I think we were twins separated at birth with all the crazy reading stuff. I even used to read during class in third and fourth grade, with a book in my lap--did I think my teachers couldn't see me?

I'm still a nut for reading, even as a sleep-deprived parent.

Anna said...

Okay, I think we were twins separated at birth with all the crazy reading stuff. I even used to read during class in third and fourth grade, with a book in my lap--did I think my teachers couldn't see me?

I'm still a nut for reading, even as a sleep-deprived parent.