Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Yo, Five! No Jive!
Bree, Lincoln's mom, just tagged me, so I guess I'm it!
5 Things Meme
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.
What I was doing ten years ago...
1. Editing my dissertation to turn it into a book so that I could get tenure.
2. Pondering moving back from Lancaster, PA (where I teach) to Philly (where I went to graduate school).
3. Applying for funding to go to Russia for the summer for research.
4. Writing lectures.
5. Reading a lot more than I do now.
Five things on my to-do list today...
1. Laundry tasks, including remembering to transfer the wash I started at 7am to the dryer.
2. Making up a batch of goat-milk formula for Hallie.
3. Mailing off a batch of rejected Nutren Jr that someone bought from me on E-bay.
4. Picking up Hallie's meds from CVS.
5. Sorting through the last pile of too-small Hallie clothing (she is now firmly in the 18-24 month size for pants and 18 month (marginally) to 2T for tops.
Five snacks I enjoy...
1. Bread. I like bread way too much. Especially hot crusty artisan bread. But my favorite bread came from a bread truck a friend and I ran down in the middle of the night around Christmastime in Leningrad in 1986. Very warm and yummy bread and I hope the driver pocketed the dollars we gave him for it.
2. Cookies. I have a weakness for these and rarely buy or make them anymore.
3. Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt (especially Cherry Garcia) or Edy's Double-Churned light cookies and cream.
4. Diet Coke (is this a snack? I hope so!)
5. Red Wine in winter and White Wine in Summer. Now that has to be a snack!
Five things I would do if I was a billionaire...
1. Fund research into Pre-term labor and support the families of babies who were born too early in whatever way they needed.
2. Open a restaurant of my own after going to cooking school.
3. Consider going to law school.
4. Have a big urban house in Philly that has a master suite for Sharon and a big playroom for Hallie and a gym and a pool table for all of us.
5. Read a lot more. Preferably on a beach during a very long vacation. And travel. OK---that's probably six.
Five of my bad habits....
2. Nail biting
3. Interrupting people and trying to finish their stories
4. Procrastinating (especially playing Texas Hold 'Em or reading blogs)
5. Shopping (and overindulging Hallie in general).
Five places i have lived....
1. Brooklyn, NY. Born there.
2. Upper West Side, NY. Went to college there.
3. Philadelphia. Grad school and now---does that count as twice? It's weird but I have lived here just as long as I lived in NY.
4. Lancaster. For three somewhat long years.
5. Cambridge, England. Junior Year Abroad
and 6. (sorry to break the rules) St. Petersburg, Russia for about 2 years if you add it all up.
Five jobs I've had....
1. Camp counselor for 2 year olds when I was 14-16
2. Donut salesperson. Ranks as the single worst job I've ever had---this was the summer before College and I managed to get fired and get the chicken pox (from the kids lining up for donuts) all in the same week. Biggest trivia: turns out that Dunkin Donuts mix is Kosher and that this awful donut store used it but charged more for the donuts because they were kosher. Grrrr.
3. Student Coordinator of Disabled Student Services at Columbia University. A very interesting job, and oddly relevant now.
4. Teaching Assistant. No training, just thrown to the wolves.
5. College Professor. Still being thrown to the wolves!
My 5 tags:
Posted by abby at 4:42 PM